Sunday, July 27, 2008

Basketball at Odense Harbour

So I went back to the place where I lived in 2001: Odense Harbour. I went to play basketball with a friend with whom I shared an apartment at the harbour before the revitalization when it still gave you this funny feeling of being in another era.

Now, like everywhere else in Denmark, the harbour is being reinvented from industrial port to a leisure area for the citizens. Modern apartments and office buildings rise between the old factories. At the entrance of the harbour the Government of Odense as part of the livable city strategy has made a great sport area – especially for Basketball and skating. The vision for the harbour is life, variation and quality and so far the unpredictable feedback from the public is that they will bring the most critical succes factor to the development of the harbour: life.
Later that night I overheard some guys (not joggers at all) at Café Smagløs talking about the place saying they wanted to buy some basket shoes. So it seems the demand for basket shoes in Odense will rise and maybe Odense Basketball Club finally can make it back to the top of Danish Basketball as in the golden nineties.









3 comments:

  1. Hey Mads! Nice pictures... perhaps the first ones i have where I am actually playing sport!
    I hope the sting is of the malaria, and that I will get a chance to get my ass whipped on the basket courts in Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the elegance of a bear!
    The malaria parasites have left and I feel perfectly ready to whoop your ass if you dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the elegance of a bear!
    The malaria parasites have left and I feel perfectly ready to whoop your ass if you dare!

    ReplyDelete